- Uranus is the 3rd biggest planet in the Solar System by diameter, but the 4th largest by mass.
- The 1st recorded sighting of Uranus was in 1690, but it was mistaken for a star. Other observations mistook it for a comet.
- Uranus was the first planet discovered with a telescope!
- Uranus revolves around the Sun once every 84 Earth years
- Voyager 2 is the only space craft to have visited Uranus, it did so in January 1986
- Uranus has 27 moons
- Uranus rotates on its side. it has an axil tilt of nearly 98 degrees
- The rotational period of the interior of Uranus is 17 hours, 14 minutes
- It's a gas giant, it has a radius of 25,559 km, or just over 4 times that of Earth