- Saturn is the 2nd biggest planet in the Solar System
- Saturn is the 6th planet from the Sun
- It's a gas giant, it has a radius of 58,232 km or about 9 times that of Earth
- It has the most visually striking ring system in the Solar System, made up mostly of ice particles, with smaller amounts of rocky debris, and dust.
- It has 62 know moons! It's biggest moon, Titan, is the 2nd biggest moon in the Solar System and is bigger than the planet Mercury!
- The length of a day is only 10h 39m!
- Saturn takes 29.46 years to go around the Sun
- Saturn has been know since man's early beginnings, but it wasn't until the invention fo the telescope around the 17th century that man got to see it's magnificent set of rings.