- Light takes 1.26 seconds to travel between the Earth and the Moon. Something you really need to know when you turn off your light at night.
- Ancient Egyptians kept cheetahs as pets, and also tamed and trained them for hunting
- Voyager 2 is the only space craft to have visited Neptune, it did so in August 1989. Signals from Voyager 2 took over 4 hours ( or 246 minutes) to reach the Earth! I guess you don't get too many visitors when your the last planet out from the Sun.
- Lions have the loudest roar of the big cats, they can be heard from 8 km, or 5 miles, away! Don't mess with this cat.
- Uranus was the first planet discovered with a telescope! I guess when they invented the telescope, they were just starting to learn how to use it :)
- The cheetah has semi-retractable claws, unlike most large and domestics cats which have fully retractable claws.
- Coyotes don't just eat meat, they also eat fruits and vegetables! Health little critters.
- Earth is the 5th largest planet in the Solar System
- Jupiter is the biggest planet in the Solar System. If you combine the mass of all the other planets, Jupiter is two and a half times this mass!
- Coyotes are full growth within 9 to 12 months
- The length on a day on Jupiter is only 9h 56m, the fastest in our solar system
- Lions can be found resting, sleeping, or sitting for 20 hours a day! Life is hard when your the king of the jungle.
- The speed of the Moons rotation and obit around the Earth results in our seeing only one face or one side of the Moon
- Neptune was not discovered until September 23 1846.. It was first found by mathematical prediction due to unexpected changes in the orbit of the planet Uranus! 7+1=what that out there?
- Saturn has 62 know moons. It's biggest moon, Titan, is the 2nd biggest moon in the Solar System and is bigger than the planet Mercury!
- Uranus rotates on its side. it has an axil tilt of nearly 98 degrees
More to come
We won't stop there, lots more random things to come, don't forget to tell them to your friends at precisely the right, wrong, random time!
Suggest your own things you would like on this site!